The result of the HaloSperm test helps to explain the causes of infertility.
WHAT IS THE HALOSPERM TEST?
The HaloSperm test measures DNA fragmentation in sperm. Sperm DNA fragmentation greater than 25% can lead to reduced male fertility. It is also associated with poor embryo quality, lower implantation rates and miscarriages.
Sperm DNA quality is negatively affected by, for example, smoking, exposure to chemicals, increased body temperature, increased body mass index (BMI) and older age.
FOR WHOM IS THE HALOSPERM TEST RECOMMENDED?
- Couples with a history of miscarriages
- Couples with unexplained infertility
- Men older than 40
- Men with a history of cancer
- Men taking prescription medications
- Men exposed to toxic agents
- Men with a history urogenital infections
- Men with an unhealthy lifestyle: those who smoke, are sedentary or are obese
- Poor embryo quality as a result of fertility treatment (IVF/ICSI)The result of the HaloSperm test helps to explain the causes of infertility, make recommendations for living a healthier lifestyle and choose the most suitable method of fertility treatment.