The total number of procedures carried out at Next Fertility Nordic in the Embryology and Andrology lab in 2023 can be seen below. We had 181 patient IVF cycles and 206 embryo transfer procedures.
Overall we are proud to announce a yearly total of 100 clinical pregnancies. A clinical pregnancy is defined as the presence of a gestational sac on ultrasound. Our CPR has increased by 17% compared to 2022.
This is likely due to comprehensive protocols, high-quality products, technologies and cohesion with the medical team.
The lab assesses its performance every month by calculating key performance indicators (KPIs) and compares the results against the guidelines stated in the Vienna Consensus. The aim of the consensus is to establish KPIs for ART laboratories for monitoring of the lab and the clinical embryologists.
Next Fertility Nordic began to offer embryo biopsy PGT-A/PGT-M as an add-on service
The RI Witness System to identify and track human samples, using RFID (radio frequency identification) technology. The traceability of materials and products is significantly improved.
Addition of the Lenshooke X1PRO Semen Quality Analyzer for automated assessment of concentration, motility, morphology and pH. It evaluates sperm quality on the day of insemination (IUI/IVF/ICSI).
The use of the Lenshooke Sperm Separation device for IVF/ICSI. The device can effectively reduce debris from seminal plasma and select the sperm with higher motility, normal morphology, DNA integrity, and acrosome reactivity.
It adopts the swim-up modality, replacing the need for 30-minute centrifugation. Supposedly, the quality of the separated sample increases compared to standard sperm processing methods.
Continual Professional Development
Lab participated in the following
- Karl Ernst Von Vaer’s Seminar
- EVES Spring Seminar
- Nordic Fertiliy Innovation seminar
- EVES-Merck Fertility Conference
- Mioxysis seminar
- EDQM Quality Management for Tissue Establishments
- Hands on ICSI training
- Hands on egg freeze workshop
- Hands-on biopsy training
- Hands-on egg thaw training
- Hands-on embryo transfer simulation
- Air quality in IVF laboratories
- Kitazato workshop freezing virtual
- Cyber security lecture
- Lab Harmonisation
- Delivering bad news to patients
- Novel Ways of Evaluating the Culture Embryo Process
- Interpretation of the new KVEKS legislation
- Oxidative stress and cell health
- Peer-to-peer sharing exchange meeting